Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Paris - France

Paris was amazing. Simple as that. It lived up to all my expectations.

The food was incredible. My diet consisted of croissants, Nutella crepes, baguettes, cheese and eclairs. This was my first crossaint - so light and fluffy!!




We arrived in Paris pretty late on our first night as our plane was delayed. So we decided to have a big first day in Paris and hit up Paris Disneyland! It really was the happiest place on earth. I mean, it was just magical. I can't imagine how kids must feel when they walk in. We got tickets to both Disneyland and Walt Disney studios which was next door. 

My favourite things in the park - the Alice in Wonderland garden.

And here are a few other snaps from the day:





The next day we went to the Roland Garros (french open) to watch a women's and men's quarter final game. We watched Maria Sharapova vs Jelena Jankovic and then Rafael Nadal (swoon) vs Stanislas Wawrinka (love his name).

It was awesome to be there, but I do think the Australian Open has a much less formal and more lively/fun atmosphere. I'm already excited to go again in January!

We sure felt like a long way from home seeing this sign...





On the way home from the tennis, we found the crepe place reccommended to us by our friend Emily. The nutella crepe was to die for.



That night myself, Laura, Ness and Lotte went to a bar just near our house. I am proud to announce that I finished my first beer (it was small, but I finished it nonetheless). It was a really yummy french beer and I haven't found it since. 


The next day was an epic tourist day. the walking shoes were on and we conquered the Notre Dame, Luxembourg gardens, champs elysee, Arc de triomphe and the Eiffel tower. It was a huge day of walking but well worth it. Everything was so beautiful.











Laduree macarons!!





That night we had dinner in Monmarte and then walked up a thousand steps to the Sacre Cour. The view of Paris was quiet pretty from up there.



Friday was our last full day in Paris. We decided to see the Louvre and all the wonderful things it contained. It was huge. No one could finish seeing everything in a day, and we were only there for 2 and a half hours. My favourite section was the Egyptian section which spanned over about 20 rooms. But my favourite artwork was the Feast at Cana, hanging opposite the Mona Lisa. The Feast at Cana was huge and just beautiful.  




That night we had a picnic by the Eiffel tower. Once it got dark we walked up the stairs to both the first and second floor look outs. Climbing those stairs was dead scary. I felt so brave haha and it was so worth it in the end.






On our last half day in Paris, Josh and myself went to the  catacombs. This is where thousands of human bones from old cemeteries were transferred underneath the city of Paris in old quarries.

I still didn't get to see everything I wanted to in Paris. Monet's garden and the palace at Versailles are two things I would love to see next time I come.

Next stop- Amsterdam!


No comments:

Post a Comment