Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The road to Europe!

Let me tell you, organising a Europe trip for 7 people is not easy. It will be worth it in the end I'm sure!

What I have learnt so far:
- Many travel agents don't listen to what you want.
- When you finally find one that does listen to you, they don't care after you've given them business.
- I am yet to find the perfect travel agent (can someone I know become one!??)
- Having a big fat lonely planet guide to Europe on a budget is a big help
- Double check reviews. Just because one website says a place is great, doesn't mean it's right.
- Reviews are useful and I should contribute to reviews when I come home
- Organising a big trip is stressful, but is a great learning experience

Here is my itinerary so far (some people are doing a few different things):

Dubai
Paris
Amsterdam
Berlin
Prague
Vienna
Croatia (Dubrovnik, Split)
Italy (Venice, Florence, Rome)
Switzerland (Interlaken, Geneva)
Spain (Madrid, Barcelona, Ibiza)
London
Greece (Mykonos, Santorini, Karpathos)

I am super excited but a bit stressed because we still need accommodation for a few places. Hopefully it will all be organised soon.

If anyone has any ideas on what to do in these places - do let me know!

The countdown is on....

No comments:

Post a Comment